A simple guide to developing your first website.
You likely know it as a blogging platform, but WordPress has evolved into a full content management system and has been embraced by developers and designers all over the world. Building your website on WordPress can be simple and quick, or it can push the limits of your creativity through thousands of plugins, themes and widgets available for use with the system. Join Jesse Friedman on a journey to create your first WordPress site. In just 28 days, you’ll completely learn WordPress—everything about server requirements and hosting, WordPress design and customization, resources available inside and outside of the WordPress community, functionality—and at the end you’ll have a site of your own.
We now offer two registration options!
Take the regular course or the regular course + add a web design critique! By adding a web design critique you’ll get all the benefits of the regular course, but at the end you’ll get one-on-one, personalized feedback from Patrick McNeil on any of your web or digital work. Learn more about Web Design Critiques here.
- Learn about creating your first website in WordPress
- Discover server requirements and hosting
- Learn about selecting themes and functionality
- Learn about choosing the right settings
- New web designers
- Marketing professionals
- If students do not currently own a domain or have website hosting, resources to purchase these web services are provided in the course material. For ongoing website hosting, students can expect a fee of $5 or less per month.