A comprehensive look at the fundamentals of typography and letterforms.
Type is at the heart of all forms of visual communication. In this course, instructor Denise Bosler expands upon the foundations of typography, and provides an understanding of type as a means of creating a visual experience. Learn about organization, relationships, composition, message, experimentation and using expressive typography to solve complex visual problems. Relevant design history and theory are examined in relation to these ideas as well. You’ll have the opportunity to broaden your overall understanding of type, and then dig in and push the limits of your typographic creativity!
What Students Are Saying
“Everything from the assigned readings to the exercises and projects was really well done and thought out. I appreciate the amount of detail that was given about each assignment and I am so glad that I was able to participate in this course.” — Josh L.
- Get an overview of the foundations including letterforms and the history of typography
- Explore typographic organization and page layout
- Learn to balance form and function in typographic problem solving
- Visualize abstract concepts through experimental typography and layout
- In-house and agency designers
- In-house managers
- Creative freelancers