Did you miss HOW Design Live in San Francisco? Or are you simply looking to attend sessions you missed? This is your chance – We’re excited to announce we’re bringing the best of HOW Design Live – Online!
HOW Design Live is THE event for graphic designers, freelancers, package designer, in-house managers and other creative professionals. It is where you can find creative inspiration, learn how to develop your career as a creative professional, manage your in-house creative team or develop your own design business – opportunities you simply can’t find in one place anywhere else.
At this 3-day online event, you’ll get to experience what makes HOW Design Live such an amazing event – and because it’s web-based, you can participate from anywhere!
- You get a three-day all-access pass to watch 24 videos either recorded at the conference or pre-recorded webinars (conference sessions not recoded onsite) and participate in live chats. Join in every day or as your schedule allows—you make your own schedule.
$399 ($359 for VIP)
July 17-19, 2013
Features & Benefits:
- Convenience: You can take experience HOW Design Live Online anywhere you can connect to the internet: at home, at the library, at the coffee shop with your laptop—choose the spot that works best for you. Best of all: No travel costs and parking hassles!
- Flexibility: Because the videos are pre-recorded, you don’t have to show up at a specific time to catch the ones you want—or choose between sessions you’re interested in. You can watch what you want when you want.
- Unlimited viewing: Your all-access pass enables you to view all 24 sessions during the three-day online event. PLUS, you can download most of the videos to watch again later or view ones you missed!
- Curated Content: We have curated 24 sessions from three of the HOW Design Live events that we think represent the HOW Design Live experience and enable you to get the same inspirational and practical advice that you’d receive at the HOW Design Live Conference.
- Live chats and message board discussions: Enhance your conference experience by participating in conversations with HOW Design Live staff and presenters.
- Value: Online registration saves you 64% off the price of purchasing each video separately ($1,100). It’s like getting 14 sessions for free!
Discussion Board Chat Schedule:
- Jim Krause: Wednesday, July 17 @ 1pm ET
- Donna Farrugia: Wednesday, July 17 @ 2pm ET
- Scott Kirkwood & Annie Riker: Thursday, July 18 @ 1pm ET!
- Jim Woods: Thursday, July 18 @ 3pm ET
- Jackie Schaffer: Friday, July 19 @ 1pm ET
For detailed session descriptions, visit the HOW Design Live Online
session information page.
HOW Design Conference Track
- Nailing Logos: From Brainstorm to Finish, Jim Krause, Designer and Author, Jim Krause Design
- How Your Sketchbook Can Open Your Mind, Boost Your Creativity & Rock Your World, Danny Gregory, Executive Creative Director and Managing Partner, Mcgarrybowen
- How to Change Your World (Or at Least Your Part of It) with Socially Conscious Design, Noah Scalin, Founder, Another Limited Rebellion
- Shitty Typography on a Cat & Other Ways to Design with Humor, Heather Bradley, Creative Director, Cheezburger
- Creative Boot Camp: Generate Ideas in Greater Quantity & Quality in 60 Minutes, Stefan Mumaw, Creative Director, Purveyor of All That Rocks, Callahan Creek
- Obsessive Creative Disorder Development: Keeping Negative Thoughts and Anxiety Out of Your Workflow, Stephanie Voss, Art Director, ER Marketing
- Print to Interactive Roadmap, Patrick McNeil, Creator, Designmeltdown.com, content director for HOW Interactive Design and the author of the Web Designer’s Idea Book series.
- Story Telling in the Age of the Tablet, Dr. Mario Garcia, CEO / Founder, Garcia Media
Professional Development Sessions
- Expand Your Realm for Success: Grow Giant Ears and Listen for Hidden Opportunities, Bob Calvano, Director of Global Creative Studios, Merck
- The Four Pillars of the Redefined Agency, Jeni Herberger, The Fulcrum Agency
InHOWse Managers Conference Track
- Opening Keynote: FedEx, Corn Sex, Prefrontal Cortex & Other Charms for In-House Hexes, Sam Harrison, Author
- Re-Invention: Staying Fresh, Michael Lejeune, Creative Director, LA Metro
- The Art of Saying No: Setting Yourself Up for Success, Jim Woods, Creative Director, Aquatic Division, United Pet Group
Design Management Sessions
- Working With Outside Agencies, Andy Epstein, Head of The BOSS Group, Merck
- How to Manage a Creative Team, Rena Delevie, Owner, The Roundtable Business
- Bright Lights, Big Future: 5 Trends Affecting Every In-House Creative Team, Donna Farrugia, Executive Director, The Creative Group
- In-House Overhaul: A Case Study in Strategic Transformation, Scott Kirkwood, Senior Director, National Parks Conservation Association and Annie Riker, Graphic Designer, National Parks Conservation Association
- Chargebacks: A Double-Edged Sword, Jackie Schaffer
Creative Freelancer Conference Track
Professional Development Sessions
- Hey, We’ve Been Here Before, Luke Mysse
- Cut the Crap and Start Networking, Dana Manciagli, Networking and Career Expert, and Speaker/Author of “Cut the Crap, Get a Job!”
- Where we going?, Luke Mysse
Business Development Sessions
- Creatively Legitimate Expenses: Don’t Cheat Yourself, June Walker, Tax Advisor & Accountant
- Freelancers Speak on Their Best Business Practices, Ilise Benun, Founder, Marketing Mentor & Co-Founder, Creative Freelancer Conference; Jenn David Connolly, Founder and Creative Director, Jenn David Design; Jen Lombardi, Head Honcho and Creative Genius, Kiwi Creative; Erin Pheil, Owner, TimeForCake Web Strategy; Jason Early, Founder & Designer, gruntmonkey
Dieline Package Design Conference Track
- Eco Doesn’t Have to Be Boring, Tim Hankins, Director of Design, Honest Company